Dairy-free Mango Lassi
Little Miss Katie and I love our morning smoothies. It’s a light way to start out the morning, and an easy way to make a quick breakfast before your eyes are open.
This is my nod to the mango lassi.
- 1 handful washed raw spinach, cooked and cooled if you don't tolerate raw greens
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- spices: dash cinnamon, dash cardamom
- pinch unrefined salt
- 1 cup water or coconut milk, more or less depending on water content of previous ingredients and preference
- Toss all ingredients into blender (here's my favorite) and blend until smooth.
- Pour and enjoy.
Jennifer Nervo is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, Reiki Master Practitioner & teacher, and Aromatherapist. Her focus is on digestive, nervous, and immune system dysfunction and the fields of functional nutrition & psychoneuroimmunology. She works with all conditions and diseases including environmental and food allergies, autoimmune diseases, multiple chemical sensitivity, diabetes, eczema, anxiety, weight loss as a symptom of dis-ease, and gut-brain disorders like autism.
When she’s not herding her small troupe of monkeys or seeing clients, her free time is packed with researching and perfecting new wellness techniques (her not-so-secret passion). Jennifer is currently a group leader for the newest class of Nutritional Therapy Practitioners out of Ann Arbor, MI, studying for the national board exam in holistic nutrition, and running a combined distance and brick and mortar practice in metro Detroit. She’s also a homeschooling suburbanite, foodie, and mama to two littles and a schnoodle.