14 Days Til GAPS Intro, Resources for Bone Broth, Ferments, Probiotic, and Cod Liver Oil
Though I’m a little behind the 8 ball, it’s time to stock up on bone broth and start some ferments for this upcoming round of intro.
My new motto for intro is “Failing to plan is planning to fail.”
I sure proved that on our first round of intro when I gave myself about 12 hours to plan and prep. I found that Katie needs a lot of variety with intro meals especially, so I will be making as many soups as I can think of. That way she can have a different soup for just about every meal. I plan to stay on stage 1 until her bellyaches mostly or completely disappear, so we may be on it for the full four days.
Here are a few resources to help you along. (Feel free to use your favorites or access the almighty Google for more.)
• If you are scratching your head and wondering what the GAPS intro is: http://www.gapsdiet.com/INTRODUCTION_DIET.html
• If you are completely new to this stuff and wondering what on Earth the GAPS diet is:
• And if you’d like to know what conditions this healing diet addresses, here is a good comprehensive list (you will be astounded at the range of conditions it addresses):
• Bone broth information/recipes/methods:
• There are innumerable recipes for ferments on the Internet but Starlene recently posted a good size list of links to get you started:
• Our GAPS diet is based on traditional, local, and organic foods [you’ll see references to WAPF (Weston A. Price Foundation, dentist who is mainly credited with starting traditional foods movement) or NT (Nourishing Traditions, recipe and traditional foods factoid book). Here’s a good snapshot of what eating a traditional foods diet involves:
• Our probiotic:
• Our fermented cod liver oil / butter oil (FCLO/BO):
I prefer the cinnamon tingle
That should be enough to get us started. 🙂 Please feel free to comment, message, or e-mail me with any questions if you are considering joining us or just want to know more about it. I am more than happy to share!
This post is part of GAPS Friendly Fridays.